A page not found tells someone we cannot find the page they were trying to view. They are also known as 404 pages.
Note: In some cases the height of the content is smaller than the height of the viewport especially in desktop screens. As a result, the footer of the page will stick to the middle of the screen which is not ideal for the user experience. To fix that, you can use the
.govgr-layout-wrapper__full-height CSS utility class combined with
When to use this pattern
Use a page not found if someone is trying to view a page that does not exist. This happens if someone:
- elects a link or button that takes them to a page that does not exist.
- types or copies a web address for a page that does not exist.
- types or copies a web address incorrectly.
Make sure any web addresses in your service, letters, forms and on GOV.GR are for pages that exist or redirect to pages that exist.
How it works
The page should include:
- A page title: ‘Η σελίδα δεν βρέθηκε’ as the page title.
- A description: A short explanation that helps user to understand the error problem.